Monday, May 25, 2009

She's here!!!





Taylor Rae Douma proved my doctor right and made her appearance early! She was 2 weeks early almost to the day, and she's perfect! She weighed in at 7 pounds 5 ounces and 19 1/2 inches long and born at 2:04 the afternoon of May 20th. My labor and delivery went pretty good up until right after she was born. Some of my placenta was left in my uterus which cause unstoppable bleeding. About 15 mins of my doctor working on it I was rushed to the operating room for a D&C. While in there she noticed that my cervix was also torn so she stitched that up. I was close to having a blood transfusion, but my hemoglobin levels rose back up in timely manner, so there was no need. Other than that drama, it was an awesome experience!

Now baby and mom are doing great trying to figure each other out! I'm healing fine and she is a healthy as can be! Greg is already so in love with her he can't see straight and it's so fun to watch! My sister and sister-in-law Tracy were there for the birth and that was awesome as well! What a huge help they were! Now my mom has been here for a few days helping with cooking, answering 50 million questions, bathing and clipping of nails and such. Everyone has been so awesome and I really appreciate it!
So here are a few of the million pics I've been taking of our little girl.

2 comments:

The Eigenbrood's said...

Congrats!! She's absolutely beautiful!! We're so happy for you!!!

Jen said...

Hey Megan and Greg!

Congratulations on your precious baby girl! I am so happy to see that you have been so blessed. I am sorry that we have lost tough, but I think of you often!

-Jen